Keep Those Flowers Fresh
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Finding Local Flower Shops and other Flower topics.
How can I keep my fresh flowers fresh?
So you stopped by the local flower shop and got a beautiful arrangement for the dining room. Now, how do you keep it looking beautiful? Here are some great tips to keep the life in your flowers:
- Always cut fresh flowers before placing them in a vase.
- Keep the water chilled by adding fresh water and ice to the vase daily.
- Always use the flower food provided by the florist.
- Change the water frequently (every 3-4 days) and re-cut the flower stems.
- Use a container that gives your flowers room to breathe and make sure you clean it. • Cut an inch off the stems every few days.
- Cut stems under running water to prevent air bubbles from sealing off the openings.
- Always use a sharp pair of scissors or knife to cut stems.
- Feed your flowers regularly.
- Remove leaves that would fall below the water line in the vase or container.
- Keep your flowers away from extreme temperatures.
- Keep flowers fresh.
- Remove any flowers that begin to fade or wilt.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.