Give Them More Life
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Flower Delivery Tips and other Flower topics.
How can I help fresh cut flowers to live longer?
So, you've just been given an embarrassing display of roses and, as much as they make you blush sitting there on your desk, you want those beauties to live as long as possible. To keep your flower delivery looking lovely follow these tips:
- Re-cut the stems at an angle underwater (2 inches or so); keep the stem wet while cutting to ensure only water is absorbed into the stems.
- Don't let any foliage sit beneath the water line.
- Use a clean vase that has been rinsed with warm water.
- Use the plant food that comes with your arrangement or bouquet and follow the directions carefully.
- Keep your flowers away from extreme heat and or draughts. They will do well in a cooler area.